As I mentioned regarding last week’s event, I surveyed the early adopters, the cultural creatives of town building at the University of Maryland, hosting a focus group of entrepreneurial, architecture and real estate students. Here are some of the results from the group of 32 forward-thinkers:
– The three most desirable public amenities, in order: A piazza, parks and public wireless broadband access.
– The most desirable nightlife venue: Outdoor seating restaurant/cafe
– 88% chose ‘vibrant urban’ over ‘quiet suburban’
– 72% preferred walking or mass transit over driving when commuting to work
– 87% responded that if their company was relocating, they’d prefer a neighborhood or city center over an office park
– Two-thirds chose shared living over living alone