Here’s where CoolTown-oriented institutional investors are putting their capital to create sustainable job growth:
1. $1 million in matching funds (another $1 million to be matched by a public entity) for development of a specific industry, an existing local strength.
2. $1 million in matching funds for a venture capital fund to invest in that specific industry.
3. Substantial affordable office space and living units for the entrepreneurial-minded.
4. Numerous third places (see next week Monday) to catalyze informal and formal business networking.
5. Partnership with a market development firm like CoolTown Studios to ensure the participation of the best tenants within the most effective urban planning and community of commerce for economic success.