If ever a hotel was designed for creatives, the Jupiter Hotel in Portland OR is it. From it’s website:
“One of the 116 best new hotels in the world.” – CONDE NAST TRAVELER MAGAZINE (May ’05)
“One of the top four new (old) hotels in the US.” – GQ MAGAZINE (Sep. ’05)
Why the recognition? The list is extensive, and it gets better and better:
– It’s in the city and close to dining and entertainment.
– It’s affordable (and remember, this is in the city), with rooms from $59 (party room)-$94.
– It’s stylish and contemporary, with all rooms furnished by Blu Dot, the renowned furniture used in MTV’s Real World and it’s own Target line.
– It’s fun. There are wall-size photos, you can draw on other walls, toast marshmallows at the outdoor fire pit, hang out in the lounge…
– Live bands and parties occasionally liven up the central courtyard, which is why there are ‘party rooms’ (interior courtyard) and ‘non-party rooms (away from the courtyard.) And these are not ordinary, run-of-the-mill events, more on that tomorrow…
Know any cool hotels? Comment below…